Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Turkey meatballs

It seriously has been too long since I posted a recipe. What is going on with me people?! Well I made these for the first time last night and I had to share this recipe. I got it from Food Networks website, but I changed it up quite a bit. They had way too much cream, eggs, flour, breadcrumbs and oil in it. So here is a much healthier version and it was still super yummy!

Ingredients:
1 package of 93/7 Jenny O turkey 1.25 pounds
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
3 cloves minced garlic
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp half and half
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup mozzerella cheese



Not the best picture, but seriously these are good!

Preheat oven 350

Mix turkey meat, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Add eggs, half and half. Roll meatballs into desired size.

Heat pan on medium high heat and add oil and butter until butter browns slightly. Add meatballs. Brown completely.

Transfer to a glass pan. Pour half of jar over meatballs and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes until cheese is browned and middle of meatballs aren't pink.

You could make some meatball subs, put on a plate of spaghetti or just grab a bowl and eat them alone (that's what I did).

Enjoy!

Michelle

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwhh man, now I'm hungry!!!!!!!!

Me said...

YUM!!! I was just thinking today, "Hmm I haven't made meatballs lately". I might have to give these a try on a cheat night :) I just looooove parmesan cheese!

SkinnyMeg said...

totally pinning this so I can try it next week! Thanks!